I've been meaning to make an update here for a few days now, about the trials and all, but honestly? I've been far too ecstatic and focused on nothing but swimming for the past little while. I got off to a rocky start, but as has been reported extensively, I've managed to make a pretty sweet comeback. I am still only five hours past my last race, where another record was set - how did I do that? - and am still at the top of an incredible adrelenine rush. I am also in complete shock and awe of myself, and I can't do much except sit here and ask my mum to pinch me over and over. I haven't woken up yet, and even my littlest brother whacking me in the arm didn't snap me out of this dream, nor did Alfie pulling my hair, so I guess... I guess this truly is my reality. Wow.
My times -
100m free: 52.88 (WR)
50m free: 23.97 (WR)
I've discounted the relay times, because they don't really count anyway - a new relay team will be formed as need be while the teams work out. I likely won't be on one - might be an alternate - as I'm returning to LA as planned, at least for a little while. I can't imagine the national coaches will let me stay away past June, even if I vow to keep up my training regime. Regardless, I think I've slightly changed my outlook on all of this, and suddenly I am seventeen again and my passion for this sport is at it's peak. No longer am I jaded and tired and irritated with the expectations and press. I've proven them all wrong, and I'm free to once again swim for swimming's sake alone. I've missed this.
Cheesy or not, I've got to thank my family and friends for all their support, from the stands and around the world. There are far too many to list, but the strongest voices I've gotten encouragement from: August, Alfie, Aly and Nick, Mum, Asher, Ainsley and Kevin and the kids, Dad and even you Abram; Jayda, Brady, Bailey, Peyton; Shaylee and her bitches, and all the young swimmers who still believe I am something to asipre to; everyone who's thought for a fleeting second that I might stand a chance - Thank you. I know I did this on my own, but I couldn't have done it without knowing you all believed in me.
Now it's time to party.
Love,
Aubrey
30 March, 2008
Labels:
Australia,
OMG Important,
Swimming,
Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment