I'm lucky I have a big family. If I didn't, I wouldn't have anyone I can trust.
My brother is home. His shows are sold out, but if you haven't gotten tickets I promise you standing outside the venues to catch the sounds that seep through the walls will be worth it. He hasn't shown me everything - I hate surprises and he makes me wait for them regardless - but 22 and a half years has taught me that August Laine is a magical creature. 22 and a half years has taught me that he always saves the best for last, and I am going to be blown away by what he is keeping under wraps. You're all going to be amazed.
Adelaide and Sydney, you should count yourselves lucky.
There is a lot happening in the near future. My holiday season has fallen in line with that of the world at large, and I will be work work working until but a few days before Christmas. Los Angeles is coming next week, errands need to be run and Thanksgiving is doing nothing but getting in the way - I've never really celebrated, it's another one of those North America exclusive holidays I usually forget about until I head to the shops for cigarettes and shoes and realize everything is closed. I'll remember this year, and the day off will be appreciated. It will be one of a very few. Interviews, travelling, appearances, premieres - I've never been a part of something as big as `Mamma Mia` is projected to be, and I've never had a role so integral to the plot. A lead, if you will. I am important to this mess of publicity, and I plan to do the best I can. It's the least I can do - this movie may have been the only thing keeping me in business.
Someday I will do like Alfie's myspace, and answer a bunch of questions on here. Today isn't that day, but feel free to send them over.
It's not perfect, but I wouldn't trade my life for anyone elses.
--
And although it's a week late (on here, I DID call on time), happy birthday to my wonderful, perfect, beautiful, majestic, perfect, superiffic Mummy. No one will believe you're as young as you are, but you still say you're too old... silly lady. I won't give a number. You're amazing and I love you to squishy bits, more than you'll ever know. I miss you - see you in a few days. Tomorrow, I suppose, if we're being technical.
xoxo
Aubrey
20 November, 2008
Labels:
August Laine,
Australia,
Birthdays,
Fambily,
Music,
Vanessa Laine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment