By the way, I am alive and well and fine, stop asking/freaking/rumour mongering. Let me keep my personal things private, and just know that I'm fine. Thank you.
Onward!
10 Best Bands of 2008.
10. Brand New - if my year had a soundtrack, it could be comprised almost entirely of Brand New tracks.9. No Doubt - because I want this reunion now. NOW.
8. Social Club - I was told to listen to this band, because a certain song reminded someone of me. I liked that song, and the entire album, immensley. This is definitely my top release of this year.... after BlackHoles and Revelations, of course.
7. The Cure - always. They really shouldn't be so far down the list, but the top is fambily. Sorry Robert Smith, until you put a ring on my finger, you're coming in seventh.
6. Bombardier - I am going to be in one of their videos maybe. I love Keiran. We burn things.
5. True Blue - best pure pop music ever. Also, their prettiest is carrying my niece. Bonus points.
4. Sons of Uisneach - a longtime favourite. Somehow I only made it out to one show this year, which is tragic - however I sang at this show, therefore it is also hugely epic.
3. The Laine Fambily Rockband - look, we're fucking brilliant.
2. Soundwave - Um... duh. I think the only surprise here is that they've fallen to number two. Sorry babies, but I think you likely agree with the number one. You're still my favourite band, if we're getting technical... also BH&R is still the love of my life.
1. August and his buddies - if I include them, they are a band, so they will be included. But honestly, I have been anxiously awaiting August's own music since I was, what... six months old? I'm glad he's finally listened to me (or at least humoured me) and ventured on his own. I'm so proud.
10 Awesome Things That Happened to Me in 2008
10. Reality TV. It's awesome, okay.9. Coming back to Australia
8. Watching my brothers fall in love.
7. More nieces!
6. Buying a house with my sister.
5. Being cast in an awesome, life-changing movie and having awesome producers and co-stars and crew who worked around my other committments..
4. Singing onstage for the first time with SOU, and the second time with Soundwave.
3. Proving to the world I can still swim, and still holding the world records in my events.
2. No more drugs/drinking. Didn't think it was good at the time, but it is.
1. Love.
10 Things I Probably Shouldn't Have Done / 10 Things That Sucked in 2008
10. Five countries in eight days. Actually, this wasn't so bad - just exhausting.9. Getting banned from Black Christmas promotion.
8. Perez Hilton continuing to exist.
7. Losing people.
6. Coming clean about a lot of things.
5. All those jagerbombs/shots/bowls/lines/other intoxicating activites
4. That DUI
3. Getting tossed from the Olympic team.
2. Hospital visits
1. Screwing up and breaking up.
10 Plans for 2009.
10. Take over the world. You will see.9. Find a charity I can embrace, and embrace it.
8. Be a better sister, daughter, aunty and girlfriend.
7. Rebuild some more burnt bridges.
6. Another season of LIA? Maybe? Yes?
5. Stay sober, and quit smoking.
4. Music. I love it, and I want to be part of it. I want an album by the end of the year.
3. Take some time off. For sanity's sake.
2. Settle down. Make my house a home.
1. Be happy. Live happily.
I might do a better post later. When I am home, and when this codiene wears off. Maybe. If I don't... happy new year, kids. Don't party too hard.

No comments:
Post a Comment